The Wayzata Lake Effect Conservancy has just been formed to advocate and raise money for the proposed Lake Effect Park along Wayzata’s lakefront.
The Conservancy Founding Board is looking for leadership to build on the very solid foundation just put in place, further shape the organization and work closely with the Board, City, community and funding partners to fulfill its fundraising mission of realizing the new Park.
This position is unique:
- It is a startup and entrepreneurial in nature.
- It is a partnership, working with the City of Wayzata with roles and responsibilities defined in the City/Conservancy Partnership agreement.
- The Founding Board is visionary, supportive and motivated.
- The Wayzata community has embraced the project and shows considerable interest in support.
Leadership & Management
- Build out and ensure consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve Lake Effect Conservancy’s goals.
- Actively engage and energize Lake Effect Conservancy Board members, City Council and staff, partnering organizations, community and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction and fundraising for Lake Effect Conservancy projects.
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, to measure successes; effectively communicate successes and progress to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Advancement: Fundraising & Communications
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Identify, cultivate, pursue and retain major donor and contributor support.
- Strategize on and implement efforts to secure new and untapped resources.
- Oversee the design and production of the Lake Effect Conservancy’s communications for donor appreciation, recognition and other fundraising activities.
- Oversee/manage the research and writing grant proposals.
- Begin to build partnerships with Lake Effect Conservancy constituents, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Wayzata’s Lake Effect Conservancy’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, fundraising and relationship management experience. Qualifications include:
- Excellence in marketing, public relations, and capital campaign fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to develop and manage high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
The new Executive Director will function as a long-term consultant to the Lake Effect Conservancy with an annually renewed contract for the approximately three-year posting. Initial compensation range is $54-72k/year for up to 32 hours a week and will be based on qualifications, initial time commitment and work plan.
If you are an interested candidate, please submit a letter of interest and resume/CV to:
Lake Effect Project Consultant
Feel free to also contact Mary if you would like to discuss the position in greater detail.